What are the true meanings of the gym and its exercises?
Nowadays people are going towards a healthy lifestyle. People think that by going to the gym, doing exercise and workouts they can get the proper physique and good health, but it’s not true.
The bitter truth of gym life is not only exercise and workout, but it consists of discipline, hard work, sacrifice, and consistency.
Apart from all these things, the most challenging thing is ‘diet.’ People think that proper food and diet does not matter but let me tell you that they are completely wrong. Exercise is only 10% while the rest 90% depends on our diet.
What is the diet?
Diet is one of the most essential things, and humans have to consume it daily. Without the consumption of diet, our body and mind do not function properly.
Teenagers nowadays do not give importance to healthy food and eat outside junk food. Due to a large amount of junk food, children suffer from diseases like fever, stomach ache, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, etc. and also the number of obese children increases due to the consumption of unhealthy food.
If we talk about obese and unhealthy people, India ranks 3rd in the world according to WHO(world health organization). So, if we want India to be healthy, we have to take some steps.
Now let us talk about the workout routines for those who want to be physically fit and healthy.
- To achieve a level of fitness and good health, you have to get rid of your addiction to eating unhealthy and junk food every day. The effect of exercise would be seen on your body only if you avoid eating junk food.
- Before a workout, you must eat at least 2 bananas so that you can perform the workout more energetically and actively. After completing the workout, you have to consume a good amount of protein to build the muscles.
- During the time of workout, you can have energy drinks like BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acid) to maintain the energy levels in the body.
Choosing Gym and Gym Trainers
In our country, the gyms are not so highly developed, and trainers are not certified. So choosing a good gym and certified trainers are more important than money invested in the gym.
Most of the trainers do not give attention to their clients whether they are doing the exercise correctly or not and this results in bad injuries. It is advisable to choose a gym which has certified and experienced trainers.
Now let us move towards making physique and body. Some people take steroids and injections for more and faster growth of muscles but their side effects in future results in many diseases. By doing the proper form of exercise and having a good intake of food, muscles can be built. The necessary thing is that you have to be consistent and believe in yourself.
Basic Exercises of Gym
- BENCH PRESS FOR CHEST
- INCLINE BENCH PRESS FOR UPPER CHEST
- SQUATS FOR LEGS
- SHOULDER MILITARY PRESS
- BARBELL CURLS FOR BICEPS
An important thing to keep in mind
You should never start the exercise without a warmup session. Your body needs the warmup, or else the chances of injuries will be increased. It is advisable to do a proper warmup and then only start the workout.
Courses in this field
- ACSM(AMERICAN COLLEGE FOR SPORTS MEDICINE)
- ACE(AMERICAN COUNSELLING ON EXERCISE)
- NCT(NUTRITION CONSULTANT)
The duration of the courses of ACSM and ACE is of 4 and a half months while the course of NCT is of 2-4 years bachelors degree.
All these courses are certified, and after its completion, you get a certificate, and you become a certified trainer or nutritionist.